Snow, a pure reflection of life’s realities!


At first it blew about, wondering around like a stranded plane. Then I thought it was indeed some kind of lost wind that would eventually disappear. But bit by bit, it rested down, building itself into something. It seemed like each flake knew just where it fitted most.

Early this morning, I reluctantly looked thru the window and lo, it was a sinless world. What could be as white as snow? Later on, I stepped off my door and yes, I could easily count how many people had passed by my street, let alone concretely suspect which house had the most cats around. I was not very sure of when the snow would rest its case. But as I kept counting the dotted footsteps along the street, I became surer of the old Chinese saying, that a person who walks on snow can never hide his footprints behind him. Yes, this came clearer than anything else.

I thought of many things: I thought of the plain white snow that had rested on my door step, I felt bad to step on it; I'd spoil the beauty. It was so spotless. It pleaded its beautiful innocence on deaf ears. Somehow at some point, it'd be nothing beautiful anymore.

I thought of opportunities and in-equalities in the world over as I looked at the roof-tops, some house-tops had more snow than others and yes, the larger the roof, the more snow it held. Yet snow was falling equally; a generous giver indeed. I looked at the fine-looking snow, that gathered and fitted into each other, bit by bit, then I knew that no snowflake would ever be said to be misplaced or lost like I thought before.

I thought of love and snow, and I was very sure that as much as someone may love snow, they should be willing to leave marks on it. But so is love; never risk loving if you do not expect to hold out the marks it comes with, or that it leaves on the loved one.

I thought of how many times we make marks on people's lives, marks that we can never erase or hide, how many things we have done that cannot be reversed. So I asked, how much can we re-build the beautiful natural appearance of snow once we have stepped on it?

Nevertheless, there's a breath of life that comes with snow; children and parents alike can’t help reflecting it, like a mirror never hides whatever it sees, all happy. And as painfully cold as it may be, many snowmen will still be built. Streets will still be crossed, and parks walked across, for the companionship of a friend!

On the other side, if someone is a cheesecake fan, never hope to make any out of the snow. It never stands such a test! Neither should write a peace treaty on it, just because we all agree that snow is white.

So, as I wished I was used to snow like the mountains were, so perhaps I'd be as white as snow, my mind still knew that snow always knew its limits. Some things in life may be short-lived, yet very important and long-lasting. Yet others may take forever, with no positive impact on our lives.

It’s been a day plus, with many reminisces, not thrown snow at someone, but laughed with a friend. One thing that has kept in my knowledge though is the fact that the one who lets the snow fall, yet brings the shine just in time sure is who he is! And as beautiful as the snow is, I ask him, that he may help me keep my conscience as pure as snow, in whatever I do! And that nothing ever convinces me not to believe in his existence. Not believing in his existence will be like getting so excited about the beauty of snow, so excited that you end up writing your will on white snow! For just as the snow melts, so will the filth in such disbelief show, perhaps sometime soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the hard work, I have not got enough time to cover all this page but I believe I will visit again and continue with the reading. In love with salvador! that is true, but some of us have given up on watching, I shd take them to this website for the whole story. Be blessed. Sam.A.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Any comments and views are appreciated and may be treated with confidentiaility if called for! Thank you!